Sunday, April 28, 2013

Best friends ever!

Before I left on this adventure, it hadn't quite sunken in yet that, potentially, I wouldn't see my friends for 5 months. These are the people that I spend countless hours with hanging around doing nothing but laughing, that will do ridiculous stuff with me on a whim, and that I could share my heart and soul with. To leave them would mean I was leaving some of the most important people in my life. The weekend before our plane flew out, I was supposed to go out with a few of my besties as a goodbye celebration. I met my friend for dinner and was told that we would meet our other friends at her apartment on campus. Little did I know that they were skeeming. I climb the stairs to her apartment, open the door, and see dark shadowy figures spread throughout the room. Before the lights were turned on and the "surprise" was yelled, my jawed dropped with a smile. Many of the people I didn't think I would have the opportunity to see before I left were there to see me off in the best way you could send someone off. Par-tay! I couldn't ask for better friends!

The rough part was to come. A couple days later, we had a "buzz Ryan's hair party" right before we said our final farewells. I think "I love you" was said far too much yet not enough. I'm man enough to admit that I cried as I watched them drive away. To my friends back home, you are amazing and I love you. Don't forget about me!

-Ry

No comments:

Post a Comment