Sunday, May 26, 2013

Lions, tigers, and bears! Oh my!...and don't forget about the snakes!

We have met our fair share of reptilian wildlife on this trip and I'm sure there are more to come. Every few feet there is a lizard that scurries away from your marching feet. And every so often, we walk around a corner or past a bush and jump sky high at the sound of a rattle snake. As I am out front a good amount of the time, I have had a few moments where I'm sure I shrieked like a girl, cursed a little, and jumped awkwardly off of the trail when at the last minute I hear a snake just beside my feet. And let me tell you, while some of these snakes just slither across the trail and go about their business, others are not at all happy to see you...and they make it known when they're coiled and ready to strike.

We also saw our first bear, lion, and tiger. Grant it, they were film animals locked in cages that the trail passed right by.

-Ry





No comments:

Post a Comment