Sunday, May 12, 2013

Zero. Have meds, need pack mule!

After miles of climbing and a decent called Devil's Slide, we were relieved and excited to take some "down time" at the Apple Blossom Inn in Idyllwild. Katie has taken wonderful care of her guests! This quaint little town is full of music and art and friendly, generous people. As promised, Kristi got her birthday bar hop, guac and presents from home.

The doc in town recommended a section bypass for me to let my knee recover, so I am hitching a ride with an interesting guy named Albert to the Hemet bus station. The rest of our crew will tackle San Jacinto and meet up with me at Big Bear Lake in a couple days. I've been reassured that I'll just be missing more of the same desert. Happy Mother's Day to me. At least I got a breakfast feast including fresh fruit and a Carmel nut roll the size of a dinner plate from my kids. YUM!



No comments:

Post a Comment