Sunday, May 5, 2013

Warner Springs

May 4th. Warner Springs. Amazing. Home feeling. Home cooked meals. There's a boy here in 9th grade that helped with the FFA program and is in a class of 19 kids! 200 in the whole school system. The woman cooking seems like a saint, she also teaches here. Another woman who did our laundry even folded it for us. The fresh sent of that laundry was one of the best things we've smelt in days. Putting a pair of warm pants on was nice too. The money they raise go to the school programs, they're trying to build up. The peach cobbler was one of the best desserts I've ever had. It seemed to be made of cake batter and was cooked in an iron pot over the fire, then hot coals were put on top. We also got a nice cold outside shower when we got here. Although I pretty much screamed through the whole process, I felt 10 times better after. They gave us mini body wash and shampoo rolled up in a fresh towel with a wash cloth. There has also been at least 3 guitars going around giving us a great opportunity for jam sessions. Dreams by the Cranberries definitely topped the charts at breakfast this morning. The hikers we've met and hung out with here have been so down to earth and a sensation to get to know. The way here was hell. I seriously contemplated quitting while walking up a hill, just letting myself fall back and roll back down. I finished with broken feet but I felt it a strong finish for all of us.
-Kristi

p.s. Lindsay carried a whole bottle of Pinot Noir in a Gatorade bottle here and surprised me for my Birthday! Best friend ever :)

No comments:

Post a Comment